SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncage

Do i need a greenhouse?

ncage
18 years ago

Hi everyone. I have been trying to decide if i want to build a greenhouse or not. There are so many things i want to grow in my garden but a lot of the stuff i want to grow isn't available around my area like certain hot peppers and heirloom tomatoe varieties. Also there are certain things that i would like get an early start on because its almost frost time by the time i start getting fruits/peppers. A good example of this would be Tabasco peppers. I start getting green peppers half way early but i don't get enough to turn red to do a harvest until mid october around here and our first frost usually comes at the end of october. So i would like for these plants to get a head start.

The problem with my house lies that i only have 4 north/south fasing windows and they don't seem to get that much light. I don't want to have to put plants in bedrooms/bathrooms either and thats where 3 of the 4 windows are.

So what should i do everyone. I have searched on google and found simple greenhouses people have built. Should i look into one of these? I don't want to spend a lot of money though. They had a greenhouse at sams but it was well over $1000.

Please Advise,

Ncage

Comments (7)

Sponsored