SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

No Wonder It Feels So Hot Out There!

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
13 years ago

Sure, go ahead and laugh at me. I've been outside for a little while, just watering plants in containers and doing simple, 'light' chores with the animals' pens, feeders, waterers, etc.

I was miserably hot, though, and couldn't imagine why I felt so icky after being outside for only about an hour. After all, I was outside for about 12 hours yesterday, with no air conditioning, if you count being in a fire station with no air conditioning as being 'outside' (we had 4 huge roll-up doors open for ventilation and industrial fans running). I was surprised the heat this morning was bothering me so much more than it did yesterday.

So, I came inside to sit in the air conditioning, figuring I'd cool off a few minutes and then go back outside. I checked the OK Mesonet and saw our station was reporting a temperature of 88 which, while not pleasant, isn't really so bad. I decided I'd become a big hot weather wimp. Then I looked at the Heat Index and it is showing 98. Well, OK, now I know why I feel so hot. I don't think I'll go back outside until after sunset.

We have a slim chance of rain here this afternoon or evening. I'm sure hoping that rain falls.

Y'all remember what I forgot this morning...that the humidity really can make the heat feel so much worse!

Dawn

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz