SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mystyspassion

Couldn't leave 'Great Enough' alone

Mystyspassion
18 years ago

This Year I acquired 4 different Passionflower Plants; one of them in particular was Thriving; I had areas in a Vine with 2 - 3 Flower Pods on the Same Stem. I have 2 Plants in a Large Pot about 18" high x 24" diam. One Passionflower has Light Green Leaves and the Other is Dark Green Leaves; I figured the 2 different variations of Purple Flowers would look beautiful together. Well the Dark Green one was turning Purple at the Tips from the research I read I felt it needed Phosphorus. So I went to the Garden Store Purchased All of my Organic Fertilizers Seperately so I could control what all of my Plants get. (I should have stuck to the pre-mix). Anyway I added the Potassium/Phosporus and I also added Some Nitrogen. Well what a mistake, my Dark Green Plant was Drooping, and then I looked at my Fuschia which I did the same thing; all 3 fuschia's were falling apart at the Nodes (the Nodes were Black). So I didn't want this to happen to my Passionflower, so I went to the store; purchased more Soil, and took out about 3/4" of the Old Soil and Put New Soil in. Well This morning the Dark Green one had perked up and was coming back. I had high hopes; well when I checked on it a few hours later; the Light Green one is in Full Droop; so I rinsed the Dirt out to get what salt there was to rise to the top, I then scraped the whole top off. Hopeully it will be better tomorrow. Any Suggestions for this kind of situation; any help would be appreciated so I know what to do in the future. I just couldn't leave well enough alone; my plants were doing great; I had tons of Flower Pods everywhere; and as I stated before there were spots where I literally had 3 Flower Pods on one Stem; I have never seen this before. Oh yes I forgot to mention I have a 3rd passionflower where I did the same thing; and all I did with that one as a precautionary measure is take the top 2 inches of soil off and replace it; I haven't seen any effects with that plant at all; that one is just as perky as it always was.

Comments (2)

Sponsored