SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitselo

Fun Organic Way to Deal with Pesky Brown Stink Bugs

kitselo
16 years ago

After struggling with these infuriating reticulated brown stink bugs that we've been getting here in Montgomery County PA for the last few years, I think I finally found the best answer for dealing with them. No matter what I do, a couple still manage to find their way into the house every week and I've been grabbing them with a tissue and flushing them away, but that always seemed so wasteful. Recently, my friend was telling me about her daughter's Venus Flytrap and I thought about how I hadn't seen one of these plants since I was a kid and I wondered how I had never owned one of these oddballs. About a month ago, my local Giant supermarket had some on sale in the plant department so I couldn't resist. As I worried about the plant because I don't get a lot of flies and it wasn't getting a lot of "protein", it suddenly occurred to me that I had the perfect solution. I've started dropping the stink bugs into the container and it's working out beautifully. The plant came in a plastic sleeve with a cap so if the stink bug doesn't immediately hit an open pod that slaps shut on it, it can't escape forever. No mess, no fuss, and it's very quiet. If you have kids, I'm sure they'd get a kick out of it. I kind of like the idea of the plant eating the bugs for a change...

Comments (19)

Sponsored