SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

Still getting ready for Winter

gldno1
13 years ago

I got in two good hours of cleanup yesterday morning using the new electric chain saw. Some of the lambs quarter and poke weed had three inch diameters. I got it mostly finished. Now DH gets the fun job of hauling it off...two loads I think.

This is one bed that may just be mowed next year in my big garden reduction program.

It is the 'new bed' right outside the kitchen door. I will keep a narrow border and just mow in the middle (maybe).

{{gwi:1120305}}From October 2010

I can actually see the gas tank now (not necessarily a good thing, but what was hiding it was perilla and weeds!)

{{gwi:1120308}}

That peach tree is a seedling from where I dumped peelings and pits a couple of years ago. I plan to top it this winter and see what develops. If they are tiny little things, down it comes.

Look at this critter I found on the ground. I hate it that I cut down most of their egg cases but maybe they will go ahead and hatch out back on the farm. They were huge, 4-5 inches long and very fat.

They were well camouflaged for this time of year.

I plan next to saw down the Awakening rose on the front porch and try to relocate it somewhere else. I am not impressed! It has 20 foot long limbs with killer thorns. Rebloom for me is very sporadic. Maybe if it is in a better location it will do better and maybe it will die!

In fact, I am not happy with the whole southwest foundation planting...........may keep going with the chain saw.

glenda

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living