SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bill_ri_z6b

Forum for zone pushers?

bill_ri_z6b
14 years ago

It seems that this is the only place to discuss the growing of plants beyond their conventional hardiness zones. I know that the focus of this forum is palms, and I have a lot of interest in that. It's good to see the various protection methods and to hear of success (and failure - hope not too many). Many of you push the limits with other plants too, but there really doesn't seem to be a forum here dedicated to that. I am always trying something new. Years ago it was Yucca recurvifolia. Then Cactus, Clerodendron, rosemary, ice plants, jasmines, passion flowers, Agapanthus and camellias. This winter I'm watching my Gardenia and ginger. I know a lot of you who post here try to grow a lot of other tropicals besides palms using some of the same protection methods. I don't like to discuss the other things here since this is a palms forum and it's not right to post off-topic. Does anyone think that a "zone pushers" forum would create interest? I have no idea how to start one anyway, so any ideas and comments are welcome.

Bill

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH