SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceresone

First Week of July 1-7

ceresone
16 years ago

Can you believe this year is about half over? Seems older you get, the faster time goes, dont remember when I was younger being concerned with time.

Would you believe its raining out right now? AND, its rained all night.Dont know why our county didnt plan a big county wide celebration last month. Firefall, Howell Co. style was last night, first year we didnt go. Instead, we stayed home, watched KY3 and hoped everyone would be safe. Thought especially of you Gldno, as I know about where you are.

I would imagine we have had about 1 1/2 inches of rain now, and still raining.

I have tomatoes bigger that both hands-and still green, bet the flavor will be good, with the scarcity of water. Picked my first cucumber, and beans blooming heavy.Cutting about 2 heads a day of cabbage, had a yellow cauliflower yesterday.

Going to can the smaller potatoes this week, didnt buy any this year, harvested over a bushel already.

Have another raised bed ready to fill, I use concrete blocks, 3 blocks high, so nice for sitting while planting or harvesting.

Is there a best time of year to start rose cuttings? Mom used to put a fruit jar, dirty , mind you, over them and leave for 2 years, I have beautiful pink ones, non-grafted, that I would like to make a hedge.

Think I'm going to get wet feeding the animals this morning--so wonderful. Wish someone knew when the grass looses its nutrients-so I could turn my prone to founder horse back out !!

And--thats my start to JULY!!

Comments (8)