SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Monday, 5-23, Today's Severe Weather Threat

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
12 years ago

The threat for severe weather, including severe thunderstorms and tornadoes, is high today with conditions similar to those experienced yesterday.

Like yesterday, parts of Oklahoma are in the Moderate Risk area on the SPC's Convective Outlook map and others are in the Slight Risk area.

You can look at the graphics on the linked page of the NWS's Norman office to see what they are showing for today.

Once the severe weather begins, I'll post all Severe TStorm warnings on one thread like yesterday, and y'all should feel free to post there as well. Enough will be happening, I think, that it will be constantly bumped back up to the top of the page. Well, for those of you in NE OK, I don't know if the severe threat ever ended overnight last night because you had a Severe TStorm Watch and some warnings when I first logged on this a.m.

If tornadoes occur and I see the warnings pop up, I'll put them on their own threads for immediate visibility/attention like I did yesterday.

If I disappear from GW during a storm, rest assured that I'm either safe down in the hidey-hole (tornado sheler) or sitting here in the house ticked off that our telecommunications here have gone out. We tend to lose internet and TV and radio communications every time a raindrop falls or the wind blows.

It is thundering now, and there are Severe storms near us in Texas. Looks like today's repeat of yesterday's weather is starting early.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel pretty confident in saying I think the drought is ending at our house. Every week we are wetter and wetter and the drought is receding bit by bit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Enhanced Web Page

Comments (3)