SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wgillette_gw

Mother Nature is killing my lawn!

wgillette
16 years ago

I see that lawn care has split since the last time I posted, so I'll post this in the Organic Lawn Care forum first.

As you all may know, Texas has been getting pounded with rain these last couple of months. My lawn is beginning to suffer as a result of this. In the spring up until early May, my St. Augustine was a dark green. I applied soybean meal & corn meal back in April. I watered once in May I believe, and haven't watered it since. However, my lawn has continued to turn progressively lighter shades of green, is thinning and many areas are starting to get brown spots on the blades.

Questions:

1. Is is possible to have too much organic material in the lawn? My lawn feels like a sponge most days (yes, I know the rain is at fault - but I would still expect it to dry out some).

2. What should my course of remediation be? My plan is to take soil samples and verify what is going on, and then go from there. I figure while I am waiting on the results I can also hit the lawn with another round of CM and SBM.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've included images below. (Click on the thumbnail for a larger image.)

{{gwi:1104386}}

{{gwi:1104387}}

{{gwi:1104388}}

{{gwi:1104389}}

Comments (38)

Sponsored