SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brizzyintx

New St. Augustine Sod

brizzyintx
16 years ago

I'm new to the forum here, so I apologize if this question has been specifically asked. I have read through countless threads, but have seen nothing that exactly answers my question. I have also read and reread the Organic FAQs.

I just resodded with St. Augustine Palmetto. I did everything "by the book." I tilled, brought in a topsoil/compost mix, watered religiously. The grass is doing well - roots appear well-established, greening up, growing, etc...

I see nothing but benefits to the organic approach, and want to take care of my new lawn accordingly. It's been three weeks since the sod was laid. What is the first thing I should do to a new lawn? I understand the basics of maintaining an established lawn, but what should I do in my case?

I'm sorry to report, however, that I used a chemical starter fertilizer prior to laying the sod.

I'm in the DFW area. My yard gets a lot of early morning and late afternoon/evening sun.

Thanks for the help in advance. And thanks for a great forum. I've already learned a ton reading everyone's postiong.

Comment (1)

Sponsored