SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrbreeze_gw

Any tips on these plants for OKC?

18 years ago

Hiya, I brought a weeping mulberry back from Tulsa and planted it today. I'm actually not too worried about it since they seem to do VERY well in Tulsa and I already have a regular mulberry tree in my yard that grows like the weed it is... but, any tips on the weeping form?

I also got a pot of Canadian ginger to use as a groundcover. Any tips on that one? I've planted it in a woodland setting under mature oaks. Sandy yet fairly rich soil.

Lastly, pathway plants. I got a nice big pot of scotch moss and some small pots of elfin thyme and corsican mint. I have a flagstone area that i've just about finished and plan to put these plants between the stones. Any tips on that? Since the soil is sandy, I'm thinking that some added peat moss and/or some water crystals is a good idea. However I was kind of wondering if the acidity of peat moss might be an issue?

That reminds me...how does one check the pH of one's soil? I assume you have to add water to some of it...but does it need to be distilled or r/o water? I can't imagine the softened, liquid-rock water that comes out of my tap would give an accurate result.

Thanks for your time,

-MB

Comment (1)