SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ricka23_gw

Just Starting

ricka23
15 years ago

Hi All,

I apologize in advance. I know this has all been covered before. The problem is it's been over many posts. We have a lawn here in Michigan that we planted from seed last year. Probably about 10,000sf. Mostly bluegrass, fescue and rye. Over the winter we got some snow mold which seems to have caused some thatch build-up that I think is yellowing our lawn. I also a good portion of dead blades standing up. I wanted to get the grass established using the chemical fertilizers and then switch over to organic. Well, I'm ready to switch over. I read the Organic Lawn Care FAQ and now I'm ready for specifics.

We do have a couple feed stores around so I go have access to organic material. I stopped in to one of them today and noticed that they had a 50lb bag of alfalfa pellets (rabbit food) for about $12.50. Does that sound high or low or normal?

Here are my questions?

1. What do you all recommend as far as a yearly schedule and what do you use (alfalfa, corn meal, etc.)?

2. Our lawn is looking yellow and neon now so do you have any recommendations for greening up the lawn?

Again, I know this has been covered before.

Thanks very much.

Rick

Comments (3)

Sponsored