SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oberci

Going green + how to deep water?

oberci
11 years ago

Hello!

New home-owner here. Garden has been abandoned for over a year and the lawn is COVERED IN WEEDS. After pulling about 100 dandelions (no i am not exaggerating) I finally gave in to my husband and let him use Weed and Feed on the lawn. And now I have the underlying fear that I destroyed all the worms that were living in there.

Problem 1: about 30% of my front lawn is covered in some type of clover and in crabgrass. How do I get rid of it? And how do I fill in the patches of dirt (left behind from pulling weeds) with grass so that weeds don't grow back in?

Problem 2: there is a 6" border of bare dirt left around my entire lawn from where the gardeners accidentally oversprayed RoundUp. How do I get grass to grow there again???

Problem 3: when do I fertilize and with what?? Should I reseed the lawn first or afterwards or at all?

Problem 4: i have no idea how long to water the grass for. I understand the concept behind deep infrequent watering and am completely on board but how long is long enough to call it "deeply watered"?

Sorry for all my questions! I'm completely new to this and am getting so overwhelmed!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH