SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blaher

Cutting off )33% recovery?

blaher
9 years ago

I planted a new lawn last year in my North East Ohio yard, full Kentucky Bluegrass seed I got from cultivator (midnight, everest, awesome, skye). It went pretty well. With the exception of the starter fertilizer, I have been just been feeding it organic meals. Last time was Soybean the week before I started mowing, which was months ago.

I have a huge problem this week though. Last week, the grass decided to grow like crazy. I mow every Saturday morning, but when I mowed last Saturday I had too many clippings. I figured it must be in a spring rapid stage so I was planning to switch it up to mowing twice a week. Well, this whole week has been raining every hour of every day. It's also supposed to keep up that way until Monday, which will put me passed it's normal schedule. It's already way past the third limit right now. I already mow as high as I can (3.5" according to my John Deere), so I can't raise it any higher to step it back down.

Cutting off more than a third is going to be inevitable. So, I'm seeking advice to what to do after it comes to that and if there's anything I can do to help the grass after I injure/stress it?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler