SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
va_paul

Drop Spreader vs Rotary Spreader

va_paul
15 years ago

Any thoughts on which type of spreader is the best? We just recently moved into our house and I'll eventually be starting up an organic lawn care program (after I do some research and find some more time.) It would seem one essential piece of equipment that I'm lacking is a spreader. Any recommendations on a drop spreader versus a rotary spreader? We have several sections to our lawn that are about 4-6 feet wide, plus quite a few landscaped beds (and a veggie garden that'll be going in soon.)

Just curious which would be the most useful for the range of potential things I may spread across my lawn in an organic program. As a kid, my dad had a drop spreader, so I've used one of those quite a bit in the past, but have no experience with a rotary spreader. How accurate can they be? I've heard they're more efficient and have less problems with "zebra" lines. Another question -- with organic fertilizers, would "zebra" lines show up as much as with chemical fertilizers? Most organic fertilizers are much slower release, I thought.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Comments (15)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm