SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wmarkw

Help with Organic Schedule/Stuff

wmarkw
12 years ago

I live in Evans, GA. I have builders Bermuda in the front yard and Tif 419 in the back. I have roughly 6K sq/ft of yard. My back yard was sod 2+ years ago and I have done well keeping crabby grass out. The front not so much. I did Halts, etc last season and still got it but it was really bad the year before when we moved in with no treatment, so I�m hoping this year I have stopped it. I over seeded the front yard with winter rye last fall and then I did the Halts application in February. I had no winter weeds which I�m proud about. So I now want to move to a partial organic schedule as we have an active family playing outside with our new dog. I just bought 2 40lb sacks of horse alfalfa pellets from the Tractor Supply Store. I have since read about Milorganite and also the soy bean meal. The winter rye is slowly dying off and the Bermuda is greening up; in the back yard I did not over seed with rye and the Tif 419 is greening up as well. This is the schedule I was thinking about following:

April: Alfalfa pellets

May: Soy Bean Meal (can someone give me a brand or link from Tractor Supply of the kind I should get?? Not sure on this one)

May: Don�t flame me but I want to put down another sack of Halts to help with the late blooming crab grass (the july/august stuff)

June: Milorganite

July: Milorganite

August: Alfalfa Pellets or Soy Bean

September: Halts

November: Scotts Winterize

February/March: Halts

Then start over the same process?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Comments (4)

Sponsored