SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dottyinduncan

Some Autumn Musings

dottyinduncan
15 years ago

This wonderful autumn season has certainly given me lots of opportunity to put. my garden to bed -- usually, with all of the rain, not much gets done. This year, not only is the garden looking tidy, I have lots of plants in the g/h for overwintering and I have a number of pots planted up with bulbs. I just took the last of the hanging baskets down today. Now, I'm turning my thoughts to renovating my favorite perennial bed next to the kitchen and our patio. We have given an overgrown rhodie to my son & daughter-in-law and I'm going to get our "Dave the Digger" to pull out an overgrown boxwood hedge -- it's over 4 feet high and just as wide. Next, I think I will move rhodies around to put them into better positions in the bed and I'm going to mix them up with other plants - japanese maples for one. We do have a deer problem so my choices are quite limited but it should be an interesting project. The area is 33 feet long by 20 feet wide and has a huge oak tree shading about 1/3 of it. It's sort of a sunken garden with walls of old brick on each side. I'm also going to try to make myself stick to series of the same plant instead of buying one of everything like I usually do. I'd appreciate any insight into planning my garden, and I'd love to hear what you are doing (or have done) this autumn.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH