SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peoniesaremyfave

Who am I? Please help identify me!

peoniesaremyfave
18 years ago

Hello all fellow NE Gardeners!

My neighbors asked me to identify a plant that they bought last year at a nursery that I recommended to them. I told them that a lot of the plants that they had that late in the season (it was October) didn't have tags but to ask the owner if he knew what they where and ask him what he recommended for planting for anything that they bought. I told them that it was sometimes fun not to know what you are going to have the following spring/summer.

Well they bought many different plants and most of them they knew what they were or I could identify for them, but I am definately stumped on this one. It is growing in full sun, it is about three feet high and it looks like it is going to have maroon flowers eventually. Not only do they want to know what it is, but I do too because I would love to have one. So here are the pictures and would love any information that any one can give on this plant:

The blooms seem to be coming out of pods, the backs of the leaves are red (really maroon) and the stalks are also red. If anyone needs any additional info (if you want me to take more pictures to help), post a reply and I will try to supply more info. Thanks for your help!

Wendi

Comments (16)