SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhbabs

Tell me about your cameras and photo techniques, please

NHBabs z4b-5a NH
11 years ago

I am using a first or perhaps second generation digital camera, probably 10 years old. It's clunky and chews up batteries like there is no tomorrow. DH is welcome to continue using it, but I want something smaller that works better, and is easier on batteries. It needs to be rechargeable in some fashion (as my current one is), but I haven't made up my mind about using standard rechargeable batteries vs. nonstandard. I'm not a knowledgeable photographer, so I'd like a relatively easy standard setting so I don't have to mess with f stops and exposure times unless I want to, but I do think I want the option if possible. I want to be able to do macros and have the option of telephotos or zooms in the hopes that I might one day get photos of our turkeys and other wildlife that don't require a magnifying glass. I want to have the choice of setting the resolution if possible. I'd like good color if possible for gardens and plants (is a good blue possible?) since I don't often take people photos (I prefer to enjoy people in the moment for the most part.)

I know I have asked a few of you individually about your cameras, but so many of you take lovely photos that are crisp and have good color balance for the garden that asking here seems more helpful.

So . . .

What make and model do you use and how do you like it?

Does it have macro and zoom settings?

How realistic does the color balance look to you?

How long does it last on a battery recharge?

Anything else you want to tell me about it?

And . . .

Are there any tricks that you use to make your photos come out better other than not taking them in really bright sunlight? (I know that this has the potential to be a huge question.)

Thanks!

Barb

Comments (22)