SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oregongardengal

Garden Weddin June 23, 2007 - Need help now :-) [Long]

oregongardengal
17 years ago

Our daughter has decided to be married in our back yard garden!!! My first thought it WOW that's WONDERFUL... next thought is total panic! How will I ever be ready in time??

We moved here 3 years ago and have been working on the gardens seriously for the last 2 years... LOTS of trees, shrubs, roses etc. planted but many years to pass before they'll all fill in...

Add to that 'future hubby' has requested one thing... BLUE flowers!

I'm in zone 8a-b. At end of June Forget Me Not's are finished and the Delphinium's are coming into stride... Bachelor Buttons are not yet flowering but Catmint is blooming, roses are in their first flush, Salvia is beginning to bloom too... I've purchased all the Salvia, Catmint and Delphinium's I can afford and added several new roses as well...

So --- I figure I'm going to have to start annuals to 'fill in' and also to add BLUE to the mix.

The upside of this is I'll have a 12x24' (unheated) greenhouse erected this fall... the bad news is I've never had one before, so it will be my first journey with a greenhouse.

So the first questions that come to mind (I'm sure there will be lots more) is...

1. What annual/perennial seeds should I plant to be ready to bloom (end of June) and when should I start them?

2. When should I prune and fert. my roses to time the 1st flush of bloom to be at the end of June?

3. Suggestions of plants and/or seeds to start for blue (or white to compliment the blues).

4. Are there any bulbs could I buy and plant 'very' late to bloom the end of June?

AS you can see... I'm likely more nervous than the bride at this point! Any and all help is so very appreciated!

Below is a link (if I did it right) of the backyard area I'm trying to 'color up'

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Thanks for reading and thanks for any help you can offer!

Comments (4)

Sponsored