SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilyofvallee

Healty Strawberry plants, but....

LilyofVallee
20 years ago

Hi:

I moved my new baby ever bearing strawberry plants to a different area of my garden last summer and did not allow them to bloom or put out runners.. They developed into beautiful plants by the fall..

My problem is that this year, both with the earlier spring crop and now after a 2 to 3 week rest, they have and are producing lovely green foliage and healthy looking blooms but then they either don't form any fruit or the fruit is mutated (I don't know if there is a proper term for fruit that is malformed).

The plants get full sun, are not over crowded and are kept practically weed free and since we've been getting a lot of hot, dry, and windy weather, I've been watering them well every 3 to 4 days.

The plants don't seem to be suffering from any disease and I haven't seen any sign of a bug infestation..

I'm getting so tired of weeding and watering and getting nothing in return!! My raspberry plants next to them get about 1/2 the care and are just loaded with ripening fruit!!

If anyone out there has the answer to this please, please let me know.. Thanks for your interest.. Lil

Comments (19)

Sponsored