SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ian_wa

Garden pics from last Wednesday

ian_wa
18 years ago

Here are some more pics from my garden. No Grevilleas this time... but I do have some nice Callitstemons blooming now. Enjoy!

{{gwi:1082873}}
Eucs, Gunnera, Phyllostachys vivax, 'Crimson King' maple (which I actually like because of the color contrast with the eucs)

{{gwi:1082874}}
Eucalyptus parvula taking over the world (maybe I need a higher res pic of this)

{{gwi:1082875}}
(Argyro)cytisus battandieri

{{gwi:1082876}}
This is Fuchsia excorticata from New Zealand, the world's largest Fuchsia. The flowers aren't much to look at but the bark is nice, and the wood has been used for cabinetry etc. It probably won't be hardy here but we haven't had a cold winter since I planted it.

{{gwi:1082877}}
Fuchsia magellanica 'Hawkshead' (I should have picked the dead flower off before taking the pic but I didn't notice it!)

{{gwi:1082878}}
Fuchsia campos-portoi - This is one of the most heat tolerant Fuchsias but it is also very happy here, in fact it is colonizing a large area with root suckers!!!

{{gwi:1082879}}
Unknown Fuchsia sp. that I got from Jim Gerdemann in Yachats, OR. It is very showy, large, hardy and tough.

{{gwi:1082880}}
One of two plants in my garen that I purchased as Callistemon 'Violaceous'... this one closely matches the description for C. citrinus 'Jeffersii'. It must be C. citrinus x something hardy because is has not been damaged by cold tha has killed C. citrinus. My camera can't really capture the color of this flower.

{{gwi:1082881}}
Desofontania spinosa

{{gwi:1082882}}
Another unknown Callistemon sp. This one is a gigantic, open growing red-flowered specimen that appears to be on its way to treehood. It is a lot hardier than C. citrinus as well.

{{gwi:1082883}}
Callistemon subulatus. I should put something under it because there is no textural contrast between the grass and the leaves of the plant. My camera does not do justice to the screaming red color of the flowers.

Comments (11)