SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eric_in_sd_z4

Coming to WA

eric_in_sd_z4
15 years ago

Hello All,

I've been an avid vegetable gardener for quite some time and have had both good and bad experiences. I've grown veggies in MT, UT, the UK, SD and will be moving to WA in June.

From reading thru postings it seems that it might be quite a challenge to get a good garden. It actually seems as if the growing conditions are much like those in England.

I would like to know what veggies do well. I'll be moving near Poulsbo in June. I'm especially interested in what tomatoe varieties people have had success with. Also, I would love to finally have fresh asparagus and would be interested in those varieties as well.

The home I'm moving into has some nice areas to garden and the owner has put in many things of which I know nothing about. There's a rhubarb patch, raspberry and blueberry bushes, some strawberries, three plum trees, some new apples, and a cherry tree. He said that most all the fruit was eaten by birds...any ideas on how to protect it?

I like all these except for rhubarb...if I pulled the rhubarb patch out would it be hard to replace when I eventually moved?

Comments (17)