SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiegarden_gw

So OK questions.. all mostly about fruit...

okiegarden
15 years ago

1. So from the USDA I have grape cutting coming in the spring... will these do ok in OK? What will I need extra to keep them growing and going? They are almost free so I thought it would be worth a try but now I am starting to get a little worried...

So who knows a lot about grapes?

2. Strawberries - anyone have a good type they have for me to get, I love them but I am not wanting to waste time and money on anything that may or may not like it here.... any ideas?

3. Mulberries - I am looking at getting cuttings from the USDA for the fruiting mulberries... do they do good in OK over all... will I have a big bird issue? I know back in the hills my grandfather raised them and they made the best pies... trying to get that again but there are sooo many out there any ideas?

4. Native Persimmon - anyone grow this in OK? Anyone have a good place to get them from?

5. Figs in OK - outdoors or potted plant? any types better here?

6. Native small sour plums - anyone have a lead on how to get small trees or pits form these?

OK so there are a few questions.. I love the native fruits I grew up eating but they are getting harder and harder to find. So any leads would be wonderful!! Are there other fruits you grow here ( not apples, peaches, pears) that do great you can recommend also? LMK - Thank you Mitch

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County