SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claireplymouth

Do we need an FAQ on New England soil?

The issue keeps coming up where most people assume that all New England soil is acidic. Then someone chimes in and says that no, there are little pockets of alkaline soil here and there, and you should have your soil tested.

Do members feel that this is a good subject for an FAQ?

If so, I would propose that the FAQ would contain (but not be limited to) the following:

- A brief description of the various types of soil typically found in New England.

- A brief listing of some locations which have alkaline soil.

- General information on how to get your soil tested.

I would NOT include general information that can be found on the excellent Soil Forum.

......................................................................................................................

The rules of the FAQ limit what I can include, as you can see by their guidelines:

"Only the question will be searchable, so try to include important keywords in it. But at the same time, try to keep it as short as possible.

Please leave out all company or personal names, links, email addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses and other information that's likely to change. These things change frequently and adding them will make maintenance of the FAQ a nightmare."

.............................................................................................................

The procedure for establishing an FAQ item is to post the issue, as I am doing, and ask for input.

I would then write up something based on the input and whatever information I find out by my own searches. I would post this writeup and ask for comment. If no screaming objections, then I add the FAQ to the New England Gardening FAQ.

Claire

Comments (29)