SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemoon2

Looking for Hydrangea paniculata, which one and where to get?

I know I could ask on the Sh*rubs forum, but I also wanted to figure out where to go locally to purchase this p*lant, so I thought I would ask here first.

I am on the fence about which variety to purchase. I wanted something that would grow above my 6ft fence. Maybe as tall as 10ft? I have seen the blooms on Pink Dia*mond and thought they were huge, but they really didn't stay upright on their stems. I'm still considering getting it, since it also is supposed to have fall color. I wonder if there is another choice? Pinky Winky is similar but doesn't get that tall. Limelight might be ok. I really like the new Vanilla Straw*berry but I don't think it gets taller than 6 or 7 ft. Anyone have a favorite, or know of another variety to consider that would get tall enough?

I was considering going out to Weston Nurseries to see what they have, but wondered if anyone can recommend another nursery that offers good shr*ub material? I was there in the fall and they didn't have what I wanted. I was hoping to get a larger size.

Thanks...

Comments (17)