SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maggiepie11_gw

more oomph where grass meets natural treeline

maggiepie11
14 years ago

hi!

i posted this question on the landscape design forum but nobody wants to play with me. :(

we live 12 miles northwest of boston. the front and sides of our 2 year old house are all landscaped and lovely but i think the back of our yard where the grass meets the natural treeline needs a little something. We have 3 ornamental trees that post-date this picture but they're spread 50+ feet apart.

i like a structured look and my husband prefers the natural look, so i'm thinking if we add some "stuff" along the line there but space it out and don't put a mulch bed, we might get a little more fun for me while still maintaining the natural look for him. i was thinking a maybe a lilac bush, some evergreens for the winter, and even maybe some groundcover, but i'm totally open and unsure where to start!

i'll be shopping this weekend - (even today if i can!) at a garden center like Mahoney's (for those of you in MA/NH area). so any recommendations that i'll actually be able to get my hands on are so much appreciated. thanks in advance for any pics or tips!

{{gwi:26033}}

Comments (9)