SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loganlady

May 2008 Nevada Roll Call

loganlady
15 years ago

Well,I think it's time for us to have an updated 2008 roll call for everyone to check in. Our state has a lot of new gardeners so please check in and tell everyone where you live and how your gardens are doing?

My name is Beca. I live in Pahrump...I have 3 raised vegetable beds with lots growing in them (tomatoes, sweet & hot peppers, cantaloupe, zuccini & yellow squash, cucumbers, basil, thyme and oregano, green onions). The yards are landscaped with desert plants (red yucca, lavendar, texas privet, russian sage, rosemary, desert bird of paradise) & trees (mulberry, apple, peach, apple, apricot) and a dry creek bed that goes from the front of the street along the side of our house and along the back side of the backyard....and oh I can't forget the weeds we get too (LOL).

Lots of rocks and chat are all over. Some container plants with more roses, kale, allysum and lobiela, mums, petunias. No grass growing here. We added a half moon shaped raised bed last year. I planted a chaste tree, added some roses, tulips & crocus bulbs in the spring...more pansies, penstemons, russian sage.

Then there is my sunroom which I love because I have total control of the weather inside it-lol...yes, I have ac and a heater to protect my babies ;). So I have my favorite plants inside (lots of impatients, ferns, star jasmine, roses, and last year I added a canna). Our fences have honeysuckle and virginia creeper growing on them.

Okay......next gardener!! Tell us all about you and yours!!

Beca

Comments (5)

Sponsored