SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carriejane_gw

Desparetely need help with herbs and garden

carriejane
18 years ago

Hi

I love plants. I really do. I love the idea of enjoying my garden all spring, summer and fall and growing herbs in the winter that I can use to cook with. That being said, I can't seem to get out of my own way. I have a friend that I can ask questions of but find I don't even know what to ask. Te catalogs confuse me because some say partial sun and when I call, they say they really need partial to full sun. My soil is sandy and don't know if that matters. I got a few catalogs but don't know what I am doing...

My back yard butts against wetlands and is partially shaded I think. Front yard gets sun almost all day. I want to plant something very tall and interesting as a back drop for the rest of my plants. Now I learn they come in all different sizes, bloom at different times, Oy! I am completely overwhelmed. I love color and interesting plants. I just can't take the life of another tulip...

And then there are my poor herbs. I lovingly put my rosemary, basil and thyme in pots is my sunniest window that faces west. The rosemary has been reduced to brown crunchy twigs and my basil is yellow and on its last legs.

I have spent so much on plants that die. I need help. I really want my herbs to live through the winter and want a pretty yard. HELP!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions