SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jedh_gw

Aroid / Amorphophalus..Titanus

JedH
18 years ago

OK..first time on here, and new to this, but was bitten by the aroid bug on a very large scale, and am expecting a delivery of this Stinky Giant. Can anyone with experience in Aroids, instruct me how this 3" newbie should be planted..Soils, watering, feeding...Is a terrarium recommended while young..Etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated..Again new gardener and I hope you botanical experts do not take points away for spelling and/or gramatical errors :>)

Thank you in advance,

Jed

Comments (5)

• blueheron
    18 years ago

Jed, are you aware that there is an Aroid Forum here? You will probably get your questions answered if you post your question there.

• bejay9_10
    18 years ago

JedH -

I noted in the local news recently, that the Quail Botanical Gardens in nearby Encinitas, California, had one that was in bloom, approximately a month ago.

While I've never seen one up close, the picture did, indeed, look interesting. I don't know if they will give out any information regarding it's care and feeding, but perhaps you could drop them a note, if you can't find any information on this web site.

Sorry, I don't have the address, but it is located on Encinitas Blvd., in Encinitas, California.

Bejay

• Samuel Miensinompe
    7 years ago

I have an amorphophalus that has been dormant for longer than usual, about two months now. It is about four inches across now. I took the corn out of the pot to check its health, and it is hard, and no evidence of fungi. However, now that I replanted it, I found out that it is always giving moisture from the center of the corn. I tried to dry that part, but the moisture keeps coming out from the center area of the corn. Is this normal? I have had this plant for seven years, and it would be quite sad it something when the wrong with it.

Hope someone can help.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    7 years ago

Samuel you are best off getting a response by reposting on the Aroid forum, starting with a new post rather than adding to an existing post.

• Samuel Miensinompe
    7 years ago

Ok. Thanks mate.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH