ID this bush please

gardentiller(9a)

There are a lot this kind of unwelcome weed like bush growing in the yard of Southern Nevada area.
Can anyone ID this bush for me?
Appreciates!

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dbarron(z7_Arkansas)

I can't see detail well, but was thinking it looked like a broom, like Cytisus.

Save    
nonmember_gw

Could be Baccharis sarothroides.

Save    
gardentiller(9a)

Thank you Cytisus: I thought you were joking, but it is a real Desert broom.
Nonmember: Thank you for telling me the Baccharis sarothroides. Now I have known its real name. I checked with Google search, it's also call Desert broom, it is a butterfly attracting shrub. Three of my neighbors has this weed. Instead of seeing butterfly (the butterfly here is as rare as the desert rain), there are millions of annoyed tiny (about 1/8 inch) beetle crawling around these shrubs.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Home Offices Quiet, Please! How to Cut Noise Pollution at Home
Leaf blowers, trucks or noisy neighbors driving you berserk? These sound-reduction strategies can help you hush things up
Full Story
Gardening Guides 6 Plants That Beat Butterfly Bush for the Wildlife Draw
It's invasive, a nonnative and a poor insect magnet. Check out these better alternatives to butterfly bush in the garden
Full Story
Container Gardens Patio-Perfect Berry Bushes Like You’ve Never Seen
Small enough for pots but offering abundant fruit, these remarkable bred berries are a boon for gardeners short on space
Full Story
We are a company that cares about our clients and the craftsmanship of the work we provide. Honesty, hard work,... Read More
At 2 Navy Lane, we pride ourselves on amazing customer service and beautiful designs. We also offer Professional... Read More