SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gesila_gw

FIrst Time Slug Hunting

Gesila
12 years ago

We were out planting some Golden Tiaras tonight and I saw a slug on top of a Blue Cadet leaf. I quickly grabbed it and dropped it in a bucket. Having no vinegar or ammonia in the house, I decided to drop some Sluggo pellets in the bucket with the slug. Guess what, that darn slug crawled right up the side of the pail and ignored the pellets. I had to push him back down and place him in front of the pellets to get him to eat them. Hmmm... no wonder my Sluggo's not working.

So, I decided that I was going to be brave enough tonight and got a flashlight and started searching for some slugs. I found one on Cherry Tart but couldn't find any others that were near any plants that have slug holes in them.

So, I gave up and got ready to go inside, but decided to move some solar landscaping lights before calling it quits for the night. Lo and behold, I found some slugs. I caught about 10 of them. All of these slugs were in an area were there wasn't a single slug hole in any of the hostas -- Golden Tiaras, Undulata Albormarginata, Designer Genes, On Stage, Fragrant Bouquet.

A couple of weeks ago, I found about 7 slugs around my row of Undulata Albormarginatas, but no slug damage.

I don't understand why I'm finding slugs where there's no slug damage.

Can anyone explain????

Gesila

Comments (14)