SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brandys_garden

Talked to my Walmart head garden manager today....

brandys_garden
10 years ago

He told me that it is indeed by region, what "quality" you find in the hostas. He is a hosta lover and he said that he personally looks over all the hosta as they are unloaded. Bad looking hosta, he will not accept. AND, the kicker... He personally test EVERY SINGLE hosta for HVX BEFORE it is put on the shelves! He told me that he has a great hosta garden and every one is from Walmart and so far, he has never come across HVX. He believes his supplier for his district is a good one. It is BFN inc and they are based in Edmund, Oklahoma. He went on to say that he knows not everyone cares so much or does even that, but he does so the hosta from the Branson Walmart is good.... Also from Home Depot. He knows the guy that runs it there, too and he does the same. He cannot speak for Lowes, though.

I complemented him on the selection he picks out. He said that he wants to keep some nice hosta that people can enjoy for years to come. He wishes he could pick more but they want to keep the prices low.

My "guys" today... The Patriot, F.Aureomarginata, Wide Brim, and Pauls Glory... Half are from Walmart.

My Dream Queen is staying moist. Of course that could be the 3 rains we've had. And Fragrant Blue doesn't look any more scorched so she is happier, too.

I think I might like another Wheee??? This one is just too adorable!

Miss Luna Moth and Miss U. Albomarginata after another little shower today! So happy!

Patio babies enjoyed the rain, too!!!

And, my F. Aureomarginata has a huge seed pod now...

Comments (15)