SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littlesunshine_22

Neighbor dogs pooping in our common area

littlesunshine_22
16 years ago

I and my husband share our condo building with two other units, and our building has backyard and a much smaller front yard, which are both common area. All three units have either one or two dogs. My husband and I have two 10 lb dogs whereas the other two units each have 100 lb dogs.

The problem comes in when our one neighbor just opens their back door to let their two dogs out, and they do not pick up afterwards. If he is confronted, there is always the "that's not our dog" followed by huge argument that goes nowhere. Even if we catch his dogs in action, he always goes insane and completely out of control with yelling and screaming at top of his lungs. This has been going on for over a year every time we bring it up, and the other neighbor is scared to get involved so just ignores what goes on. In addition, the two neighbors are good friends.

We now know that talking is going to go nowhere and are looking for some creative ideas so we don't see his dogs' poop in the backyard. I saw a forum on a similar problem on this website but my situation is a little different because I can't file them on trespass law, I think. Or is there a way that I can bring in the law officials? Our condo agreement is that we clean up right away, but he doesn't seem to care at all. Do you have any suggestions on what to do?

Comment (1)