SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jrslick

Walk in Cooler and Cool-Bot

Who is using a set up like this to keep produce cold? I know they work, there are so many out in the field, but how much savings do they give you when compared to electrical use from a fridge? We currently have 2 older fridges that we use to keep produce cold in. It really isn't enough space and I have to end up packing everything in there very tight.

I was wanting to build a cold room in the basement and vent it out the side of the walk out basement, but I don't think the wife will go for that. I have been watching and I have found a 7 by 9 walk in cooler box with no compressor (don't need it anyways since I am going with the coolbot). It was used inside a building and the seller says it is in really good condition. Pictures would support that. They are asking $499 for it. I would have to disassemble it, but that isn't a problem for me. I think I could bargin with them for a lower price, been for sale for a while. I am hoping $300-$350. Does this sound reasonable?

Money is really tight at this time, but I think I can make this work. Trying to convince my wife this is a good deal is another story.

Any thoughts?

Jay

Comments (11)

Sponsored