SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brookw_gw

farm building

10 years ago

Little by little, we have transformed a jungle into a pretty little farm. Now, it's time to take the biggest step of all and build a building and get electricity and running water. Other than buying the land to begin with, it's also going to be the costliest. I'm looking at a fairly large pole barn (104 x 36) divided into 3 sections: a garage/machinery area, a processing area, and living quarters. I'll also attach a greenhouse to the south side and a wrap around porch on the northwest side overlooking the pond. Anyone else have a building for their operation?? and can you offer suggestions. The floor will be all concrete, and the whole thing will be insulated. Since we will be staying there so much, I also plan on putting in septic. One issue that is not resolved is heating. I'd like wood since I have an unlimited amount and I just love wood heat, but I'd feel better w/a back up system as well. I'm also considering solar and wind power, but don't know if I can justify the cost. Please, share your experiences or thoughts.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living