SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justjoeygirl

The first of the whites are blooming

JustJoeyGirl
18 years ago

Happy spring everyone!

I have many gardens in my yard, but one of my favorites is my white garden. I've posted many times here before, but I still get so filled with anticipation when the first of the white garden starts blooming. Right now it is crocus, squill and iris reticulata..daffodils are in bud, and hyacinths and tulips are sending up their spring foliage, along with the camassia and some lilies. It always amazes me how the ground can go from flat and brown to anywhere from 0 to 5 feet in height is such a short time. The perennials are starting to send up their new growth, and there are lots of spring bulbs sending up their foliage too, although I don't always recognize the it when it first pokes through.

Anyone else got the " I can hardly wait for all my buddies to bloom' feeling?

What's blooming in your white garden this time of year? Anything new you put in and just can't wait to see? I am thinking my baptisia will finally bloom this year. I also put in white muscari last fall. I am also looking forward to more blooms on my tree peony..it seems to progressively put out more blooms each year.

Tell us what's in yours..which annuals do you prefer? Special combinations?

Peace in gardening...JoAnn

Comments (7)

Sponsored