SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iamfcon

Baby tree sprout started changing colors, ok to bring indoors?

iamfcon
13 years ago

Hi All,

I had a strange question, and I'm not sure if similar was posted since I'm new on here, but I didn't find anything through searches.

My mom had a huge flower pot with an evergreen tree in it. A seed must have fell in and started to sprout. I believe it's a maple tree, not sure what kind but I'm pretty sure it's not silver maple nor autumn blaze (and definitely not japanese red). She was going to pull it out and throw it away, but I figured it might be fun to try to bonsai someday, so I kept it in a wet paper towel and it's been doing fine that way for the past few days. Now I noticed the leaves already started changing, the top most leaves are green, the bottom ones are yellow, ones starting to turn slightly red. I was wondering if bringing this plant inside while it's assumingly trying to go dormant would affect it in any way.

I'd like to keep it inside so I can just have it on my desk, and to monitor it. Would the plant revert back to waking up and stop going dormant or would this change (being it got cold outside the past few weeks to the point of slight frosting) kill it? Thanks for your help, I'll try to check back on this topic later.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County