SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
molineux_gw

I have Delphiniums!

Molineux
18 years ago

I've been in the Washington DC metro area for about 10 years now. About 2 and a half years ago I bought a house just north of the District in Montgomery County Maryland and have been settling in gardenwise.

I used to live in Tidewater Virginia. Back then I had a great deal of success with roses but the one perennial I wanted to grow but couldn't were delphiniums. Been lusting after these picky plants for years but the hot and humid summers would murder them outright.

Last year a Maryland forum friend recommended that I try Magic Fountain delphinums. Well I can happily report that these delphiniums have not only survived but currently have the most beautiful spires of blooms in all shades of blue and white. Of course they aren't as spectacular as the Pacific Giants but I'm not complaining. I'm THRILLED to have ANY kind of dephinium growing well in my garden. Best of all the stems are really strong and haven't needed staking. Mine are about 3 feet high.

I also have some Connecticut Yankee dephiniums but they haven't bloomed yet so the jury is still out. At least they are alive so we shall see.

For those of us in Montgomery County Maryland, Magic Fountain delphiniums are definately worth trying.

Comments (13)

Sponsored