SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_parsons3820

japanese maples too large for containers?

ynot
11 years ago

Hello all. While I've gardened for years (for pleasure), growing Japanese Maples, as well as growing them in containers,will be new ventures. I ask for help for more than a few questions. Some I haven't seen addressed in a post; others have been written about but I failed to write down the info or forgot the name of the post. (I keep hearing my grandaughter mumble something that sounds like 'short term memory loss'. Is it fair for a three year old to be so insightful?) Any help would be great.

First, retailers tell me that a number of recently purchased Japanese Maple are ideal for container growing. Perhaps due to being a novice, I question this due their height: For instance: 'Waterfall' 46" (from top of container to top of tree); 'Katsura', 46"; 'Shaina',36"; 'Shishigashira', 38'; and 'Viridis', 40". Are the retailers correct? I also have questions concerning the planting procedures , the rootball and some of the constituents in the 5-1-1 mix. If these questions should be posted in container gardening, please let me know. Am looking forward to your guidance.

gary

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!