SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cfmuehling

Swap thoughts & hints

cfmuehling
17 years ago

Morning, all!

I have been potting for a couple days now and am amazed at how much I have to bring with me. It's nice to be able to give back. :)

I was thinking of a few things that have always come in handy for me at the swaps. They might not be for you, but what the heck.

I am bringing a TON of monarda and plume poppies, which I will not pot. I'm going to line a plastic pot with plastic bags and fill it 1/2 way with water. Both of these plants sulk when pulled, but in water, perk right up. If you'd like some 'Raspberry Wine' monarda and some beautiful soft, lacey plume poppy, bring your own pots and plastic bags. Henrietta has water.

Plastic bags. Bring 'em anyway. You'll be surprised at what you take home.

Bring a sharpie and a bunch of extra paper and tape. Signs on your car with your name on it facilitates prearranged swap deliveries. Signs that say "Please Take" and "Not for Trade" are also hand and should be respected!.

And just to preclude all the whining that goes on after each swap, if there isn't a sign over a plant that says "please take" or someone there to ask? Don't take it. You can live without it, and frankly, I can live without all the hoo-ha about people stealing. These are just plants, even though we're all looking forward to acquiring new things.

Don't forget a hat and sunblock! It's a cooker out there.

Don't forget to bring chocolate a dish to pass. "Kim," she intones, "you are feeling sleepy, very sleepy. Bring that apple thing. When you awake you will remember nothing but apples...."

If anyone can think of any hints that have made swaps easier and more fun for you? Now's the time to share them, don't you think?

Comments (12)

Sponsored