SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

'I tought I taw a puddy tat'

doucanoe
15 years ago

Okay, I need some guidance here. This morning I was looking out my window into the woods and suddenly this large animal came into view. At first I thought it was a large cat...maybe a bobcat, but it was very dark in color. I got out the binoculares only to discover it was not a cat at all.

It looked sort of like a groundhog, only larger, more slender and had a pointier snout and larger, rounded ears. It moved quickly so I did not get to study it for very long. It was at least 2-3 times larger than an average house cat. At first glance I thought maybe 30-40 pounds but I'm not good at guessing weight, and it was at least 600 feet away.

I am thinking maybe a Fisher? I think we have them in MN. Googled it and got some good descriptive info, but not much about population in this area. The info I got puts them at about 12 pounds, and it sure seemed like this animal was bigger than that, but as I said...I can't be sure. And it sure looked like the photos of the Fishers I found.

Any other ideas what it may have been? Whatever it was, it was thrilling to watch!

Linda

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus