SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
owl_at_home

Newbie ?s: Eggs, milk, canopies, etc.

owl_at_home
15 years ago

Hello,

A committee has been formed in my town to start a new farmers market, and I am sooo excited about getting involved! I would start right now with baked goods and eggs if they would let me, and add cut flowers and herbs later. However, they have a rule that you must have at least 80 percent produce and no more than 20 percent prepared/packaged foods, etc., and I can't meet that yet. This year I may just be planning and preparing.

Anyway, I have a few questions and thought I would group them in one post:

Does anyone sell eggs marketed as fertile eggs for hatching? Any idea what to charge for, say, a dozen fertile guinea eggs? Or Araucana chick eggs, for example? Actually, any advice about selling eggs would be appreciated.

What about goat's milk and/or cheese? Anybody doing that and how does it work for you?

I'm shopping for a small shade for my table. I saw the EZup canopies and another 8x8 slant leg canopy. Also, the large "market umbrellas." What do you recommend? I want something that can be assembled by one woman, as quickly as possible, LOL. If you have an umbrella with a stand in the center, what kind of table(s) can you use with it?

The 80-20 rule I mentioned, how might that be figured, do you think? According to the physical volume of goods or the value or what?

I'm sure I'll have lots more questions. Thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored