SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adamterrie

WANTED: 2009 Fall Swap - Sept. 27th at 11:00 a.m.

adamterrie
14 years ago

I have scheduled the 2009 GardenWeb Fall Plant Swap for Sunday September 27th at 11:00 a.m. The plant swap will be at my home located at: 5702 Lost Horizon Circle SE, Prior Lake, Minnesota 55372 (directions from Minneapolis: http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=h&lat=44.731129&lon=-93.405695&zoom=16&q1=5702%20Lost%20Horizon%20Cir%20SE%2C%20Prior%20Lake%2C%20MN%2C%2055372) (directions from St. Paul: http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=h&lat=44.731129&lon=-93.405695&zoom=16&q1=5702%20Lost%20Horizon%20Cir%20SE%2C%20Prior%20Lake%2C%20MN%2C%2055372). You may have to copy and paste these links into the url. I guess IÂm not too particularly afraid to post my address on here. My house is yellow with white trim and flowers all around it (however most of the flowers will probably be faded for the year). If you need other directions to my home, please contact me.

As usual, we will have one of those potluck deally thingies for food. I will have all beverages - coffee, pop and other "stronger" drinks. Please bring whatever you want for food.

We will have the swap first (which I would imagine will actually commence around 11:30ish) and eat afterwards.

I believe most of you viewers out there know how these swaps operate. But a quick low-down is as follows: you bring your unwanted plants, overgrown plants or kind contributions to the swap. Try to label the plants, with minor descriptions if possible ( . . IÂm normally bad at getting this done). The swap starts by each person describing to everyone what he or she brought. We then start "round one" by each person selecting one plant out of all the plants that people brought. Then "round two" each person selects two plants. Round three (you guessed it), each person selects three plants. Then, usually from there it is a free-for-all where everyone can take whatever they want for leftover plants. If no one takes the plants that you bring, feel free to leave them at my place. I could probably create a home for all the poor unwanted plants out there.

For the fall swap, I would imagine that most plants would be perennials, but anything is welcome. I suppose you could bring seeds, but there is also a special GW seed swap every winter as well. If you have any bulbs to share, that would make a great contribution to the swap as well.

You may also want to bring a wagon to haul your plants around and a pen/notepad to take notes while people are explaining what they brought for plants.

Please reply to this post if you plan on coming, so that I can plan accordingly. If you have any questions whatsoever, please call me at 651-206-6200 ( . . . I guess IÂm not afraid to post my phone number on here either).

I am posting this on both the discussion forum and exchange forum.

- Adam

Comments (13)

Sponsored