SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Source for cheap pots?

12 years ago

Not POT, POTS, plural!

I bought more seed (found the Sparkler radishes!), going to start some (more) tomatoes, peppers, cukes, etc. to sell as starts, figure people like to buy tomatoes and peppers in 8" pots, though maybe they'll buy some things in smaller 6-packs. But where can I find the cheap plastic pots? I've got some 8" pots (and some larger) I saved from mums, I've used those to up-pot my starts to harden off but I don't want to sell all of them, I don't have that many anyway and last year kept things in (borrowed) 4" hard plastic pots as long as I possibly could (I had to delay planting last year b/c it was so wet).

Figured I'd start as many as I could in the final pot so I don't spend $ on cells, I can't find plastic cells around (spent $5 on a "kit" with 72 cells, tray and dome at Walmart), so have most of my seed(lings) in cardboard.

I know the carboard is supposed to be biodegradable and may be more "green" but I had to replant banana peppers last year since even slitting the cardboard and tearing the bottom out didn't give the roots enough room to grow out. Plus they get dirty and stay dirty (plastic you can wipe off) and I don't think would present well at market.

Thanks

Comments (28)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012