SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mynewyard_gw

Is my new Autumn Blaze maple in trouble? (Getting orange leaves)

mynewyard
16 years ago

We have just planted an Autumn Blaze maple in our front yard. A friend of ours does landscaping bought the tree for us, and was supposed to help us plant it, as we know nothing about trees, but she had to go out of town.

We planted it two days ago, and gave it some Miracle Gro she had given us (she said it would help with the shock to the tree?). This morning I was looking outside and I noticed some of the leaves on the ends of the branches are turning orange.

What should I be doing for the tree? How do I know if it's okay? I know she said some of the leaves got damaged in transport - she'd wrapped the tree but a portion of it came off, and the leaves got wind-whipped.

I've attached pictures. We do have clay in our front yard. My husband dug the hole slightly larger than the pot, and we backfilled with garden soil. We were going to cut away more sod today and lay mulch down around the tree. Should our hole have been bigger? What were we supposed to do with the roots? Our friend told us to take a little hand rake down the side of the dirt/roots after we took it out of the container to break up the roots before planting.

Here are pictures:

{{gwi:1039296}}

{{gwi:1039297}}

{{gwi:1039298}}

{{gwi:1039299}}

{{gwi:1039300}}

{{gwi:1039302}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor