SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kate1970_gw

Bridgewood Gardens Open House= some gorgeous new hosts!

Kate1970
9 years ago

I happened upon an older thread mentioning Bridgewoods Gardens being located in Northern Virginia. I searched and found out they are only an hour away from my home. As luck would have it they have 2 open houses a year. The first this weekend and the second is the weekend of June 21& June 22. Being a hosta hoarder, I was in the car with a packed lunch and on the road by 11am. Bridgewood Gardens did not disappoint. Allthough the owner Chick told me I had to go home by 5 pm. :) I think he saw the pure hosta addition gleam in my eye when I spied Rainbows End.

Chick graciously gave me a tour of the hosta's that he's working on that are not yet for sale. He was gracious enough to allow me to photograph his beauties. At one point I was ready to start offering first born children for a few that are 'still in the works'!

It was about this time that I knew my wallet was in trouble.

I will own this hosta one day! I cropped out the name's of the ones that have not yet been released to the public. It kinda felt like apple just showed me the blue prints for the iPhone 6. ;P Not to sure what the etiquette is about that so I'd rather be cautious then be a jerk. :)

Another in the works.

I tried to use the Jedi Mind Trick to get this one!

I need a 12 step stat.

The last Lakeside Dragonfly begged me to take her with me. I HAD to oblige.

I picked up Candy Dish, but I'm going back for Irish Luck!

Still on my list, no idea why I didn't buy it today. Seducer

I saw a large version of Penny Lane that was not for sale and I was powerless. This beauty came home with me as well.

Had to have Gypsy Rose to go with my Snake Eyes and Striptease & Risky Business. Haven't met a sport of Striptease that I haven't loved immediately yet.

Have heard mixed reviews on Ghost Spirit but it was so pretty I'm going to give it a try.

I thought about this one the entire ride home, last night and this morning. I'm so going back, totally addicted!

Picked up another Neptune

Be interested to hear if anyone has any experience with this one Kisuji. It didn't make me ooohhh and ahhh but its interesting in it own right. Or so I think.

Korean Snow has been on my list awhile.

Mountain Mist, would love to hear if anyone else has this one. I've heard it can be picky about the location its planted it. This guy will go in a pot and get moved around until he seems happy.

Rainbows End, I think I fist pumped when I saw this one! It feels like a fat leaf, melty fat leaf and I love it. (Does that make sense?)

The Razors Edge (please forgive my horrible photography skills)

Dance with Me

Dancing Queen!!! :)

Also picked up Bridegroom, Lakeside Kaleidoscope. Here's a family portrait. :)

Didn't buy Jaws but I thought it was cute.

Another cutie that is still on my list.

And lastly this awesome epimedium, I have never seen such a tall variety!

If you're still with me thanks for looking, if you have any experience or pictures of your grown up versions of my newbies, I would love to see them.

On the way home I had to stop and pick up some more media at a local garden center and had to pick this up as well. Ha!!!

Thanks for looking!

Kate

This post was edited by Kate1970 on Mon, Jun 9, 14 at 22:06

Comments (18)