SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jdsims_gw

Trying to figure out how much and what to plant is killing me

jdsims
15 years ago

So this year will be my first farmers market.

Ill be selling at two markets plus one store and maybe roadside also.

First market is in a medium size town and its this markets first year also. The next market is where my sister will be selling at it to is a medium size town the store is a mom and pops store but has a good customer base and last my road side is decently traveled.

garden size= 600 ft long and 200 ft wide one field the next field is is 179 ft long and 60ft wide

My thinking has been all over the board on what to plant So far I figure out Ill have 14 rows 6ft apart for melons and squash and then Ill have 29 rows 4 ft apart for everything else but I could put rows closer if need to make for more rows. still that is 43 rows 200ft long that still a lot of stuff.

the list of items so far : Watermelon 3 types, Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Radish, Tomato's (heirloom and hybrid), squash at least 5 different types, Okra, Cucumbers slicing and pickling, Peppers Hot (jalapenos) and sweet (orange,red,yellow,chocolate and white),Eggplants 3 types, and green beans. I know I'm missing something.

If I do decent this year my dad said hell let me expand to anther field next year. The one thing I do know this is the first time I have been really excited about a job or a business and I'm going to work as hard as I can to succeed.

Any advice would be grateful.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery