SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karmann_gw

Please tell me a little about becoming/being a MG

karmann
18 years ago

Firstt, I'll start off by saying that I know these things vary from state-to-state and even county-to-county. I also plan to call my local Master Garden program for more specific information. Right now, I'd love to hear just a little anecdotal experience from some of you.

I am slowly going through the posts on this forum but it takes a bit of time to go through it all and get my specific questions answered. I just thought I'd start by posting my questions.

They are advertising now for Master Gardener class applications in the fall in my area. I'd like to see about doing this.

I am 45 years old, self-employed, with a lot of flexibility in my work schedule. I can take off weekdays or weekends as needed. I have extremely limited gardening experience (just started about three years ago) but am beginning to love it passionately and am seeking more knowledge and experience. I just have a few smallish perennial beds and have also planted numerous ornamental trees and shrubs.

Do you think I'd be considered a candidate? Or do they- generally speaking, of course- look for people who have been gardening for a lot longer? And with a lot more knowledge?

Are many/any of you Master Gardeners? Can you tell me a little about it? What kinds of jobs have they asked you to volunteer for? How have you liked being part of this program?

I am resourceful and plan to do lots of other info-gathering on the topic. I appreciate any time you might give me. Maybe if you aren't a MG yourself, you know of some? What kinds of things have you heard about it?

Thanks!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022