SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenthumbz4mn

My Daily Hosta Search

greenthumbz4mn
15 years ago

We have a large nursery in St. Paul, named Linders, that sets up temporary small garden centers all over the place. During the 3rd week of June, all plants go on sale at 50 per cent off. This lasts almost a month, and everyday they truck in more and better stuff . I have 5 of these centers within 3 miles of me, and this is going to be the death of me--but what a great way to go!!!! Anyway, today I picked up Grand Canyon, Lakeside Kaleidoscope, Flame Stitch, Clifford's Forest Fire, and Northern Exposure. Lately I have also found Liberty, Thunderbolt, Dream Queen (are those two the same plant?) ( I so love Great Expectations and hope these sports might grow better.), Independence (the reverse of Revolution), and Minuteman. Whew!!!!! And where am I going to put all these you ask? Well, I have this huge ratty blue juniper thing taking up a whole hillside in the back yard. So that dude is going, and the new plants are coming!!!!! I wonder what I did for fun BH (before hosta). I've been doing this Hosta stuff since 1994 and my poor memory couldn't possibly go back that far! Mary

Comments (3)